Skip to main content

Wintertime

We are almost halfway through wintertime and the last couple of weeks has been freezing. Yes I said freezing! Morocco can have some pretty cold winters, depending on where in the country you are. Many mountain areas has snow every winter, near the sea its very windy but the temperature does not change as much between day and night as fx in sahara areas. In Oujda where we live, we have a bit of many things. At the moment we have huge temperature changes during day and night, with temperature during the day lays around 15-19 degree centius, then dropping just below freezing point
sunrise on a cold wintermorning

during night.

Luckily, most days have been sunny, so after at good walk you will feel all warm again. Staying inside the house all day can not be recommended! Most houses are poorly isolated so it is really more cold inside than out. I can not tell you how many times I've been making the mistake of putting too much close on me and my children when going out because we have been in all morning. The after stepping outside in the sun the stroller has been filled up with more clothes than baby!!



But even when it cold and sometimes not so comfortable, I still love winter. Its time to cuttle under loads of blankets, enjoying hot drinks and soup time. I love soup but this year one of my favorites has not been a soup but something called Bessara. It something between a dip and a soup, made from either dried fava beans or split peas depending on where you are in the country.






Such simple and humble dish yet tasty, healthy and filling. Served with some chili (or paprika), cumin and olive oil on top and fresh bread to scoop it up with... whats not to like <3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing to leave

I was really going to write this post yesterday, but instead I ended using half the day trying to buy air tickets.... Alhamdulillah I managed to get hold on them and my travel is now official Time has gone by so quickly. Its already 3 months since I came back to morocco. 3 months where we have been preparing for our new life. Now time has come and it is time for me to leave to start my education. There is a lot to prepare, both here and in Denmark, and while trying to prepare everything I also need to be fully available for my family. Emotions is running a bit high at the moment . Even if i'm only going to be away for around a month, it is still long time now when My baby is still small. My toddler to young to understand that mama is coming back soon, and the big once afraid that I Will end up stuck in Denmark long time like last year. While i'm trying to cope with all the kids emotional break outs, I also have to control my own. Its really difficult to stay strong a

Finally online

Ahlan wa Sahlan - Hello and Welcome- This is my blog on blogger where I will blog about whatever I wanna blog about Finally I am here, online, ready to start my new blogging adventure. It took Me a bit longer than expected due to some unexpected internet problems, and well... my 4 kids. Actually everything has taken much more time than I had planned and hoped for since we moved back to morocco and we are still not even close to have settled in our new home.